A big thank you to Windsor Knits for nominating my blog for the Leibster Award.
I must admit that prior to receiving this nomination I was oblivious to its existence, but apparently it is an award given from a blogger to another blogger that they deem “noteworthy” but who has less than 200 followers. It seems to be a sort of “chain letter” in the blogosphere. I usually am not one to pass on chain letters, but I feel like I owe it to Winsor Knits for nominating me! Here are the rules:
1. Post eleven facts about myself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set and create eleven questions for the people I’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
I’m not sure why everything is in 11s, but here goes (nothing).
11 Facts about myself:
1. I’m originally from Minnesota. (Yes. Minnesooooota.)
2. I have been living in France for the past 5 (almost 6) years.
3. As of May 6th, 2013 I am officially a French citizen. (Don’t worry, I’m still an American citizen as well!)
4. I am (not so proactively as of late) learning Italian and Greek.
5. My favorite band is The Shins.
6. I love reading mystery novels.
7. I love the beach. If I could spend all day every day at the beach, I would.
8. My laugh is probably the loudest laugh in the entire world. Aside from my mother’s.
9. Even though I am from Minnesota, I can’t stand the cold.
10. I love Halloween and attempt to force this tradition on French people every year (with moderate success).
11. I love cats but sadly I am allergic.
11 Questions answered:
1. Describe your childhood in one word…
(Full of) Laughter.
2. Pie or Cake?
3. What’t that one project, post, thing, meal… you have made that you are so proud of?
This is a hard one since, as a perfectionist, I am always a little disappointed in how my projects turn out. That being said, I was really happy when I actually finished my “Crocheted Lace Bolero” because there were moments there when I thought it wasn’t going to work out.
4. What’s your favorite time waster?
Crafting or reading.
5. Do you like to eat dessert?
Are there people that don’t?
6. Favorite place to work on your blog?
On the couch.
7. Would you rather have a wand or a lightsaber?
A wand. Wands usually grant wishes. What do lightsabers do? Cut people?
8. Favorite type of pop?
I am not really a pop drinker. But I suppose if I had to choose, I would choose Ginger Ale.
9. What’s that one movie you can watch over and over?
Garden State. I just love Natalie Portman!!
10. Best memory with your family?
Summers “up north” at my aunt’s cabin.
11. If I could give you a plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go and why?
A ticket back to Minnesota to see my friends and family.
I nominate the following blogs for a liebster award (Sorry I couldn’t find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers. Some of these blogs may have more than 200 followers, but they don’t all show the number of followers on their blogs so… Don’t blame me !):
3. Crochet Home
Here are my questions for the nominees:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Who is your role model?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite vacation spot?
5. What would you do if you won the lottery?
6. If you had one wish, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite season of the year?
8. Sweet or Salty?
9. Stay up late or wake up early?
10. Coffee or tea?